As a business owner, it’s essential to consider ways to offer more sustainable offerings to your company and your clients. This is especially true for your company’s apparel. As environmental concerns move to the forefront of global conversations, sustainable and eco-friendly options have become a calling card for many young people around the world. Using these buzz words in your advertising and offering apparel that meets the needs of environmentally focused people will only serve to build your brand.
But is it possible to find comfortable, eco-friendly shirts? For that answer, you need to look no further than Allmade t-shirts. Made from a blend of recycled polyester, Tencel modal (sourced from sustainable beech trees), and organic cotton, Allmade’s sustainable t-shirts are soft, long-lasting, and guilt-free. Built by a team of screen printers, this proven blend produces high-quality prints for your beautiful t-shirt logos and designs. This means high-quality printing and high-quality material in a shirt you can feel proud to wear.
Started in 2017 by a team of screen printers, Allmade quickly developed a passion for designing comfortable and sustainable shirts. A few years prior to Allmade’s creation, the ten founders found themselves on a trip to Haiti to work alongside garment workers and hear their stories. What they witnessed and learned shocked them. Children abandoned at orphanages so parents could meet the stifling demands at their garment factories, environmental havoc, and low wages were just a few of the monumental challenges faced by garment workers daily. Troubled by their findings, they set out to reduce environmental impact and the cycle of poverty, both domestically and abroad.
Since its inception, Allmade’s eco-friendly shirts have done just that. Through their mantra, ‘People, Purpose, Planning,’ they’ve developed a sustainable and person-focused way to make a difference both in Haiti and around the world. In 2020 alone, Allmade’s eco-friendly t-shirts reduced the amount of plastic going into the environment by almost 182,000 pounds! That’s the equivalent of 130,000 water bottles. In addition to the reduction in plastic waste, Allmade’s shirts have saved almost 270 million gallons of water and reduced carbon emissions by over 1 million kilograms. And the garment workers in Haiti? At Allmade’s factory, they now make fair wages, allowing them to care for themselves and their loved ones properly. That’s the kind of impact we value at Jersey Ink: passionate companies making a real-world impact.
As of today, Jersey Ink offers Allmade brand t-shirts in a variety of colors, fits, and styles. Each purchase has a direct positive impact on both the environment and strangers across the ocean. While Allmade is an incredible choice for your sustainable t-shirt needs, there are plenty of other sustainable t-shirt companies to choose from as well.
In addition to eco-friendly t-shirt options, there are plenty of ways for you and your company to positively impact our environment. Consider the following tips for a few ways to reduce your carbon footprint:
1) Assess your energy usage. Are lights left on unnecessarily throughout the day? Are the windows in your building drafty or improperly sealed? Once you’ve done an energy audit, make the necessary changes to reduce energy use. Bonus tip: Reducing energy usage is also a great way to save your company money!
4) Consider going paperless. If you are still sending paper invoices, using paper assessments, or developing paper manuals, consider moving to a virtual platform.
3) Develop policies to encourage the use of reusable materials. Offer refillable water bottles to all employees in lieu of plastic water bottles. Reuse old boxes for packaging materials and purchase used equipment and office furniture when possible.
4) Amp up your recycling program. Make recycling bins more accessible to your employees, partner with local companies to establish ‘shredding’ events, and offer incentives to employees to bolster recycling habits.
5) Purchase sustainable products. Eco-friendly products are more accessible than ever before. In addition to eco-friendly shirts, consider making sustainability for all purchases a company standard.